×   Home About me Shengqi Hummer Thunder Tiger EB4 S3 Mini Titan E325 Thunder Tiger G3 MT4 Family Odds and ends Honda CB750 CE CB750 Now Side Panel Disaster Bikes Vans Cars Carol's Cat Page 8-Bit Software The Barnsley Rover Logs Contact me My YouTube Channel   

1980 Honda CB750 Custom Exclusive

Moving on

The first part of the story about my Honda CB 750 Custom Exclusive can be found here.

The next part of its story is on this page where you are now.

In August 2014 I gave the 750 to my youngest son as my wife had bought me a brand new bike. Having only enough space to stash one bike, I had to part with the 750. Unfortunately, it then sat in a garage for two years completely untouched and deteriorated quite alarmingly.

In 2016 my youngest son passed the bike on to my oldest son who, as I write this in 2021 has been doing a great job of renovating it.

Here are the images I have so far:

Click/tap on the images to see the original high quality version.

2016

The battery was dead, so a new one was fitted and the engine started up


How it looked before starting the job




Then the tank and seat were removed












Concentrating on getting it to run, the coils were replaced, this was something that had needed doing for years








Scum on a breather


Perished carb rubbers


Carbs removed for cleaning and renovation








Air box and battery box removed


Tail disassembled, straightened and cleaned up


New rear shocks bought

2017

New shocks fitted




The original front brake lever and reservoir were in a poor condition


2018

I had tried to repair the seat on several occasions but it had just got a bit too delapidated and needed a new cover






The clocks are one of the unique items on the 750 CE and needed a good clean up


New clutch lever and reservoir


John had a new seat cover made and we were very pleased with the result, the logo was stitched in gold thread, very nice




The front calipers needed attention, replaced the brake lines and nipples, cleaned up the pots






New brake lines for the rear brake


The tail light assembly was tidied up




The new front brake lever and reservoir


June 20th 2018, the current state of the bike






The new 4 into 2 exhaust, shipped from the US at great expense




A few new parts. Clutch cable and grips. Also (maybe a wry smile here), side panel grommets. If you read about the side panel disaster (here), you would know that these should have been replaced a long time ago


The back end before attention to the chain and sprockets


Chain and sprocket set replaced, not sure if John replaced the cush rubbers, did you John?












New chain and sprockets fitted

2019

It was a long time before John got around to fitting the new exhausts as he knew it would be a tricky job with parts needing fabricating to mount them properly

Before


Removed




The new ones


Downpipes fitted




Finding the best angles for fitting using plastic ties




New mounting brackets had to be made


Fitted










Taxed, MOTd. Out and about








2020

Attention to a few small details, before and after images of the seat grab strap mounts







It's a yellow painted bulb


The bike is now vintage, not in the eBay sense where everything is vintage, it is now officially old and doesn't need tax or MOT. John is allowed to fit a black number plate to her

Videos

John and Luke
New Exhaust

Plans For The Future

Yet to do, engine and frame, so it's all going to come to bits again.

Meanwhile, we have both been enjoying riding her. Sadly, there's no proof of this which I must remember to make next time by wearing the GoPro